Sign in for exclusive products and special discounts.
Fine Arts: Acrylic Painting
- Instructor Cody Rounds
- Code ART56
- Student Ages 9-18
This course will cover the basics of acrylic painting. Students will gain a thorough understanding of color theory, painting techniques, and how to care for the materials. They will also learn how to view, present, and critique their art and the art of others. Each class will consist of a lesson, practice, and a review of the homework.
Live Classes: Thursdays, 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Student Expectations: Students are expected to come to the live classes prepared with the necessary materials, to complete the assignments, and to participate in the live classes.
Student Support: The instructor is available via email.
Feedback/Assessment: Feedback will be given after every assignment.
Materials/Supplies: Students should have a webcam and an overhead mount so the instructor can view the drawing process. Please have it installed before class begins. Students will also need the following materials:
- A pad of canvas paper, 10 sheets, minimum size: 9”x12”
- A pad of acrylic painting paper, any finish, 10 sheets, minimum size: 9”x12”
- A set of acrylic brushes with various sizes and tips (recommendations: Kingart Studio Bristle set of 12, Royal Langnickel beginners set of 5, Princeton Real Value set of 6)
- The Masters Brush Cleaner, 1 oz Studio Cake
- Paint: Student grade acrylic (recommendations: Blick or Liquitex): Titanium White (250 ml), Ivory Black (250 ml), Cadmium Red Light Hue (120 ml), Cadmium Red Deep Hue (120 ml), Cadmium Red Medium Hue (120 ml), Cadmium Yellow Light Hue (120 ml), Cadmium Yellow Medium Hue (120 ml), Cerulean Blue Hue (120 ml), Cobalt Blue (120 ml), Ultramarine Blue (120 ml), Pthalo Green (120 ml), Burnt Sienna (120 ml), Burnt Umber (120 ml)
Prerequisites: The course “Fine Arts: Drawing Level I” is strongly suggested but not required.