Sign in for exclusive products and special discounts.
Introductory Grammar: Be Prepared for Fall
- Instructor Michael Clay Thompson
- Code MCT32
- Student Ages 6-9
This rigorous grammar foundation course is designed to prepare students for the coming academic year. It is suitable for students who are working at Level 1 in the MCT language arts curriculum.
The course will work through the MCT four-level analysis method, featuring the parts of speech, the parts of sentence, phrases, and clauses. It will include punctuation and usage elements.
There are four groups of students who will find this course especially helpful:
1. Students who are about to take their first MCT course in the Royal Fireworks Online Learning Community. This course will help them be prepared for success, particularly in the first semester.
2. Students who are enrolled in public or private schools but who are struggling with their grammar assignments or are not receiving substantial grammar instruction and who know that they will need grammar in their future. There is no need to struggle.
3. Homeschooled students who are not taking an MCT course in the Royal Fireworks Online Learning Community but who use an MCT grammar book such as Grammar Island and who want a full explanation of all that they are learning. There is no better way to study grammar than with the author of the book.
4. Students who have had bad experiences with grammar before, who attempted to learn grammar somewhere and were overwhelmed, and who felt that they failed or simply could not do it. They had the “it’s not for me” experience. Yes, it is for you. We will see how simple grammar actually is and what fun it is to be able to do it well. Prepare to be amazed.
Live Classes: Wednesdays, 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time, from June 9th to July 28th. Students unable to attend a live class will be able to access a recording of the class.
Student Expectations: Students may be asked to solve the grammar of challenging sentences each week and send their solutions to Michael.
Student Support: Michael is available via email.
Materials/Supplies: There will be no single textbook. Michael will provide the students with study materials via email.