The MCT Mentor Network
New online, flexible resources
The Michael Clay Thompson language arts materials are now available as an online platform called the MCT Mentor Network. These new learning opportunities provide schools and school systems with flexible and affordable online options. They have been envisioned and developed by experienced teachers and technology experts who have a passion for making the MCT materials truly a curriculum for the 21st century—a curriculum that provides instructorsteachers and students with the guidance and feedback they need while maintaining the rigor of the materials.
The MCT Mentor Network offers academically talented students materials that meet their needs and also gives teachers the means to individualize instruction in their classrooms. These online courses can be used in settings where the student and the teacher work from different locations; boundary lines and brick-and-mortar limitations are removed. Currently, students in elementary, middle, and high school are using these online materials in classrooms and in individual settings.
Each book can work on its own as a course, or it can be integrated into a larger course of study for individuals or groups of students. All of the materials provide rich opportunities for childrenstudents to think deeply about language, grammar, and writing through a variety of learning activities. This format is particularly suited to schools using Response to Intervention (RtI) and Balanced Literacy frameworks.
Ideal for any homeschool setting, MCT Mentor Network courses provide personalized mentorship for homeschooled children, whether as individuals or in cooperatives. These online courses can be used in settings where the student and the instructor work from different locations; boundary lines and brick-and-mortar limitations are removed.
The MCT Mentor Network focuses on individualized student instruction through immediate feedback and open-ended thinking activities. It provides a variety of learning activities that enable students to build skills, think deeply, and connect ideas. In addition, it allows students to participate in ongoing social dialogue through student collaboration in online discussions and activities. An online seat may be purchased with or without the printed textbooks.
For questions about MCT Mentor Network and how it works, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions can be answered online or in a scheduled conversation.
Watch the explanatory video the creators have made about the MCT Mentor Network.
Benefits of the MCT Mentor Network:
- Students have greater access to rigorous, self-paced, and personalized learning.
- Instructors Teachers and students receive immediate feedback on formative and summative assessments.
- Instructors Teachers can use materials with individual students, small groups, and advanced or heterogeneous classes.
- Parents and homeschool co-ops Schools and districts have an integrated scope and sequence to use in elementary, middle, and high school.
- The materials can improve student performance on local, state, and national assessments.
- The materials provide rigor that meets state and national standards and enriches and extends learning beyond those standards.
- Students prepare for college and career in online or hybrid settings.
- It is accessible on any internet-connected device without purchasing any additional software.
Currently, there are three strands of the curriculum available: grammar, vocabulary, and practice. The grammar strand is still in process, although several levels of it are already available. The writing and poetics strands will be available at a later date.