Fine Arts: Drawing from Life for Children Ages 14-18
This course will cover the basics of realism drawing techniques and the fundamentals of drawing from life. Students will gain a good understanding of the elements of drawing, such as building composition, texture, line and shape, shadow and depth, and appropriate material use. They will participate in spacial exercises and will be asked to create still-life compositions from objects of their choosing. They will also learn to observe, analyze, and interpret work through weekly class group critiques.
Live Classes: Students will meet on Thursdays at 12:30 p.m. Eastern Time. The course runs from June 4th to July 30th.
Assignments: Students will complete one artwork per week, begun in class and finished as homework.
Student Support: The instructor is available via email.
Materials/Supplies: Students must have a webcam and an overhead mount so the instructor can view the drawing process. Please have it installed before class begins. Students will also need the following:
- A graphite pencil set that includes at least 6B 5B 4B 3B 2B B HB 2H 4H 6H
- Minimum of 2 kneaded erasers
- Minimum of 2 white rubber erasers
- Minimum of 3 blending stumps (small, medium, large)
- 9″ x 12″ bristol sketchbook for drawing (white paper)
- Good-quality handheld pencil sharpener