Royal Fireworks Online Courses
At Royal Fireworks, one of our concerns is to introduce your children to the great figures in our cultural history. We have long held the position that the classics provide an enrichment for children that is not found in popular contemporary fare and that understanding our intellectual tradition and the important figures in it is essential for young people to have a full range of choices about the paths they want to pursue as they mature. It is with this in mind that we have designed the courses in our online learning community.
- Michael Clay Thompson basis his literature courses on timeless classics such as The Wind in the Willows, The Call of the Wild, and Treasure Island.
- Dr. Myriam Borges Thompson does not merely teach Spanish; she introduces children to Spanish using Don Quixote.
- Dr. Frances Spielhagen is teaching introductory Latin.
- Dr. Thomas Kemnitz is offering a course in the gods and goddesses of ancient Greece and Rome.
- Nicole DeLambo is teaching an exploration of art history.
- Dr. Sharon Kaye is offering a discussion course in Western philosophy emphasizing Socrates, Plato, Descartes, Locke, Newton, Leibnitz, Hume, Rousseau, and Kant.
- Michael Clay Thompson will teach all seven levels of his MCT language arts curriculum, with an emphasis on the classics of the English language.
- Dr. Myriam Thompson will teach Spanish and Latin American history and literature in addition to Spanish language courses.
- Dr. Sharon Kaye will offer a course in Western philosophy that includes the early Christian philosophers: the Epicureans, the Stoics, Plato, Aristotle, Locke, Hobbes, and Rousseau.
- Dr. Thomas Kemnitz will teach courses on Greece in the Classical Age and the history of ancient Rome.
- Francis Wickham will once again teach his introduction to architecture from the ancients to the 21st century.
These are just some of the courses being offered in the Royal Fireworks online learning community. There are also courses in creative writing, Eastern philosophy, interior design, genetics, chemistry, and screenwriting, with more courses being added. The courses are taught by experts in their fields. They will enable children to stretch their minds in directions that will enrich them for the rest of their lives.